Four Common Questions About Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

Motor vehicle accidents are stressful, often requiring a number of calls to insurance companies, doctors and mechanics. It is difficult to know how all the expenses will be covered. You likely have a number of questions. At Reichert Law Office, we guide injured accident victims through the legal process to achieve full compensation for their damages. Contact our Grand Forks attorneys for answers to any of your car accident questions. Reach us by calling 701-314-2203.

Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs

Q. What should I say when the insurance company calls me?
The insurance company may press you to make a statement or to accept a settlement. It is important to contact us before moving forward. We will explain how to get the best out of a personal injury settlement.
Q. How long do I have to file a personal injury claim after an accident?
There is a six-year time limit to file a personal injury suit after an accident in North Dakota. Family members have two years to file a claim for wrongful death. In Minnesota, you have a two-year time limit for personal injury lawsuits, six years for property damage and three years to file a claim if the accident ended in the death of a loved one. While it is true that you have years to wait before filing a lawsuit, it is important to contact a lawyer right away.
Q. How much will my claim be worth?
Your personal injury claim can cover expenses such as vehicle repairs, medical bills and lost wages. A personal injury claim can also cover noneconomic damages such as pain and emotional suffering. Noneconomic damages can vary widely, depending upon your personal circumstances.
Q. Will I need to go to court?
It is likely that you will be able to reach a settlement outside of court. We have extensive negotiation and courtroom experience. If needed, our tough trial lawyers will fight for the settlement you deserve.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation Today

Contact our office to schedule a free initial appointment with a lawyer. We are here to answer all of your urgent legal questions. Reach us by calling 701-314-2203, or fill out our online contact form.