Fighting passionately to make your side of the story known.

Frequently Asked Question: Whose Insurance Should I Provide to my Doctor?

On Behalf of | Oct 18, 2021 | Car Accidents

This is part 4, out of 7, of our blog series about frequently asked questions for car accidents in North Dakota.

When I go to the doctor for my accident-related injuries, what insurance should I provide them with?

You should give your treatment provider the car insurance information for the vehicle you were driving or riding in, not the other driver’s car insurance information. Because no-fault/PIP benefits are often exhausted with your first trip to the Emergency Room, you should also give your treatment provider your health insurance information as a secondary insurer. As soon as possible, ask that your treatment provider separate your personal medical bills from your accident-related medical bills to avoid confusion and improper billing.